Ts. Đặng Thanh Hà
1. Name : DANG THANH HA
Degree : Ph.D.
Field of specialization: - Agricultural Economics.
- Environmental & Natural Resource Economics.
2. Date birth : April 26, 1961.
3. Place of birth : Hai Hung, Vietnam.
4. Citizenship : Vietnamese.
5. Civil status : Married.
6. Present occupation : University lecturer
7. Present address : Faculty of Economics, Nong Lam University,
Thu Duc, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Tel.: 84-8-8961708 (office); 84-0908550160 (cell phone);
Fax: 84-8-8960713 ; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Academic background:
- B.S. Forestry Economics. Technical University (TU) of Dresden, Germany, 1980-1985.
- M.S. Major: Agricultural Economics; Minor: Forest Resource Management.
University of the Philippines Los Banos, Philippines. 1991-1993.
- Ph.D. Major: Agricultural Economics/Resource Economics; Minor: Environmental
Studies. University of the Philippines Los Banos, Philippines. 1994-1997.
Other training attended:
- Training course on socio-economic survey and agro-economic data analysis, 1990. Organized by IRRI, UAF and Cantho University.
- Training course on Forestry Economics organized by The Forest Research Institute Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany in collaboration with the University of Agriculture and Forestry (UAF) of HCMC, from 17-28 February 1998 in HCMC, Vietnam.
- Training-workshop on indigenous knowledge - Social forestry project in Dak Lak, 1998.
- The 3rd Regional Training Course in Environmental and Natural Resource Economics organized by Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), May 19 to June 19, 1999. Los Banos, Philippines.
- Training course on integrated watershed management, 1998. Organized by UBC, Canada in collaboration with UAF, HCMC.
- Development of curriculum in sustainable agriculture for Cambodia, Lao PDR and Vietnam, Aug. 1999. Organized by SEARCA and UAF.
- Training-workshop on RRA, PRA for technical assessment and characterization of maize production systems in the upland of Asian Countries; IRRI, Philippines from October 2-7, 2000.
- Policy communications training workshop organized by the Population Reference Bureau, the Ford Foundation and Hanoi School of Public Health in Hanoi, June 2-14, 2002.
- Training workshop on Economy-Environment Modeling for Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resource Management organized by SANREM project. Purdue University, USA, March 30 - April 4, 2002.
- Training workshop on writing and teaching with cases. July 21 to August 5, 2003. Purdue University, USA.
- Training workshop on skills and team development in project and proposal development and marketing. Organized by the WorldFish Center at IRRI, Los Banos, Laguna, Philippines from 26-28/4/2005.
9. Employment record:
1985 - 1986 : Research assistant at the Department of Economics, Faculty of Forestry, Technical University of Dresden and at the SFE Koenig Stein, Germany.
1986 - Present: Lecturer at Nong Lam University (NLU), Thu Duc, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
10. Teaching, Research and training experiences:
Teaching: Teaching courses in agricultural economics, fishery economics, environment and natural resource economic for both undergraduate and graduate levels.
Participating as researcher, project leader or member of the project core group in the following research and development projects:
1985 Construction and Application of Computer Software for Optimizing Timber Log Delivery Plan in a Forest Enterprises. A project of the Department of Forestry Economics, Faculty of Forestry, Technical University of Dresden and the Forest Enterprise Koenig Stein, Germany. Researcher.
1989 Sweet potato research project - Collaborating institutions: National Potato Research Center of the National Institute of Agricultural Science, University of Agriculture and Forestry (UAF) of HCMC, the International Potato Center (CIP) in Los Banos, Philippines, and the Regional Co-ordination Center for Research and Development of Coarse Grains, Pulses, Roots and Tuber Crops in the Humid Tropics of Asia and the Pacific (CGPRT) in Bogor, Indonesia. Researcher.
1989 Cassava research project - in collaboration with CIAT (The Centro International de Agricultura Tropical). Researcher.
1990 Economics of beekeeping system Apis Melifera - in collaboration with KWT, the Netherlands. Researcher.
1994 Cassava starch market in Vietnam. A research project funded by CIAT (The Centro International de Agricultura Tropical) in Colombia. Major researcher.
1997 Economics of rice establishment methods in the Mekong Delta - in collaboration with the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI). Project leader.
1998 Community-based Upland Resource Management Project - Phase 2, funded by IDRC – Canada. Researcher and member of core group.
1998 The project Industrial Pollution Reduction in Dong Nai (VIE/95/053) - as a project of the Government of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam funded by UNDP. Working as the National Consultant (NC) on environment and resource economics.
1999 Area wide Environmental Quality Management (AEQM) Study in Bien Hoa, Dong Nai province. Working as National Consultant on Economics and AEQM analysis.
1999-2000 Characterization of maize production systems in Vietnam. In collaboration with CYMMIT, Mexico. Country coordinator and major researcher.
1999-2000 Socio-Economic Analysis of Beekeeping System Apis Dorsata (Melaleuca forests) in the Mekong Delta. In collaboration with KWT, the Netherlands. Team leader.
1999 Support to Water Resources Management in Dak Lak (Danida-Dak lak) – Socio-Economic Survey. Working as National Consultant.
1999-2000 Managing Water in a Dynamic Upland Environment: Daklak Province. A collaboration between Resources Policy Support Initiative - World Resources Institute, University of Agriculture and Forestry Thu Duc, Tay Nguyen University, and Linkoping University – Sweden. Resource Economist.
2000-2003 Intensification of Maize in the Asian Upland: IFAD project with CIMMYT. Major researcher and team leader of the constraints assessment research team in Vietnam.
2000-2002 Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resource Management (SANREM) project in Baoloc, Lamdong province (Year 3). Core member of UAF research team.
2000-2004 Project: Legal and Institutional Framework, and Economic Valuation of Resources and Environment in the Mekong River Region: a Wetlands Approach (Wetland project). Leader of the research team on Economic Valuation of Resources and Environment.
2001-2002 Economy-environment modeling for decision support and policy planning in Vietnam. Collaborative research project with Purdue University, USA under the Environmental Research Grant of the SANREM program. (Principal Researcher and team leader).
2001-2002 Linking research and policy for sustainable agriculture and natural resource management in Vietnam. Collaborative research project with the University of the Philippines under support of the Environmental Research Grant of the SANREM program. (Principal Researcher and team leader).
2001-2002 Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resource Management (SANREM) project in Vietnam (Year 4 and 5). Co-Principal investigator.
2002-2004 Rewarding upland farmers for environmental services: experience, constraints and potential in Vietnam. A research project funded by Sida and IFAD. Member of Vietnam research team.
2003 Curriculum Development for Improved Environmental Management in Vietnam. Funding from USAID administered by the Association Liaison Office for University Cooperation in Development (ALO). Project leader in Vietnam.
2003-2004 Economic and Environmental Impacts of Expanded Cocoa Production in Vietnam. A collaborative research project with Purdue university, USA, funded by SANREM . Team leader.
2005 Agroforestry and Sustainable Vegetable Production in Southeast Asian Watersheds. USAID/SANREM CRSP funded project. Vietnam team coordinator.
2005-2008 Developing Payment Mechanism for Watershed Protection Services and Improved Livelihoods of Rural Poor: A Pilot Study in Critical Upland Watersheds of Vietnam and Thailand. Project funded by the John D. Rockefeller 3rd Scholars Program of Winrock International. Lead Principal Researcher.
2007 Assessing vulnerability of communities and understanding policy implications of adaptation responses to flood-related landslides in Asia. Researcher.
Participate as resource person/national consultant in several training courses on the following subjects:
1. Survey methodology for social sciences for project leaders of the Vietnam-Netherlands Research Program held in Hanoi (1997)- resource person.
2. Training course on Forestry Economics organized by The Forest Research Institute Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany in collaboration with the University of Agriculture and Forestry (UAF) of HCMC, from 17-28 February 1998 in HCMC, Vietnam. (Assistant trainer)
3. Environment and natural resource economics for Dongnai DOSTE staff (1998), Project Industrial Pollution Reduction in Dong Nai (VIE/95/053) - Principal trainer.
4. Economics and Environmental Protection Training Courses - (working as national consultant for the National Centre for Development Studies Australian National University, Canberra, Australia):
- 2nd course: for officers of different agencies from 6 provinces in HCMC and Southeast Region of Vietnam, from 11-21 May 1998 in HCMC.
- 3rd course: for officers of different agencies from 6 provinces in Central of Vietnam, from 13-24 September 1998 in Da Nang;
- 4th course: for officers of different agencies from 6 provinces in the Mekong Delta, from May 12-24, 2000 in Can Tho,
- 5th course: for officers of different agencies from different provinces in the Red River Delta and Midland of Vietnam; from June11-22, 2001 in Hanoi.
5. The "Valuation of Health and environmental Impact of Agrochemical Use in Vietnam" training course in Hanoi from June 5-16, 2000. Working as consultant for the International Development Research Center (IDRC), Canada-EEPSEA Program - consultant, resource person.
6. Socio-economic survey method and data analysis for members of research team of different research projects - principal trainers and resource person.
7. "Practical Farm Management Economics" training course for the project "Support for Water Resource Management in Daklak" Danida-Daklak. Buon Me Thuot August 7-12, 2000. Working as national consultant and principal trainer.
8. Second training course on "Farm Management Economics" for the community development officers, extension officers of Dak Lak and Binh Phuoc Province. Buon Me Thuot, December 4-10, 2000. Working as national consultant and principal trainer for the project "Support for Water Resource Management in Daklak" Danida-Daklak.
9. Training on PRA methods for Integrated Coast Zone Management. Vung tau Integrated Coast Zone Management project; trainer. 2003.
10.Training on methods for economic valuation of wetlands and wetland resources for local officers from Ben Tre and Long An province. Wetlands project, Principal trainer, 2003.
11.Training for trainers on cacao production. Nong Lam University-Successaliance (USA). June, July 2004.
12.Training on case teaching and case writing methods at Nong Lam University. January, 2005.
11. Publications and report papers:
1. Villa, W., Gerber, W, Houfek, G., and Dang Thanh Ha, 1986. Moeglichkeiten der Operativen Steuerung der Lieferplanerfuellung Rohholz mit Hilfer eines Buerocomputers. (Possibilities in Using Computer for Operative Control to Fulfill Timber Log Delivery Plan). In Deutscher Landwirschaftsverlag Berlin, 8/1986 , P 238-243, Germany, 1986.
2. Dang Thanh Ha, Pham Thanh Binh, and Taco Bottama, 1991. Sweet Potato Marketing in South Vietnam. CGPRT No. 24. Bogor, Indonesia.
3. Taco Bottama, Dang Thanh Ha, and Pham Thanh Binh, 1991. Collective and Individual Production: Sweet Potato in Central and North Vietnam. CGPRT No. 24. Bogor, Indonesia.
4. J.W. Taco Bottema, Pham Thanh Binh, Dang Thanh Ha, Mai Thach Hoanh and H. Kim, 1991. Sweet potato in Viet Nam: production and markets. CGPRT No. 24, 113 p; Bogor, Indonesia. http://www.cgprt.org/Publication/CG24.pdf
5. Dang Thanh Ha, Le Cong Tru, and Henry G., 1994. Analysis of the Current and Future Cassava Starch Market in Vietnam. Paper presented at the International Workshop on Cassava Starch held in CIAT, Colombia, Jan, 1994; Published in “A benchmark Study on Cassava Production, processing and Marketing in Vietnam”, R.H.Howeler edited, 1996.
6. Dang Thanh Ha, Le Cong Tru, and Henry G., 1996. Prospects for cassava starch in Vietnam. In Cassava Flour and starch: progress in research and development, D. Dufour, G.M. O’Brien, and Rupert Best ed. CIAT Publication No. 271, Chapter11, P 78-88. Colombia, 1996. http://www.ciat.cgiar.org/agroempresas/pdf/contents.pdf
7. Dang Thanh Ha and Agnes C. Rola, 1998. Pesticides and Rice Productivity in the Mekong Delta, Vietnam. Asian Journal of Sustainable Agriculture, Volume 1, Number 2, Philippines, 1998.
8. Dang Thanh Ha, 1999. Integrated Pest Management and Farmers’ Efficiency in Pest management. In Proceedings of the National Workshop on “Technology Transfer in Agriculture and Rural Development of Vietnam“ organized by the Ministry of Education and Training at the College of Agriculture and Forestry, National University of HCMC, October 29-30, 1999. Agricultural Publishing House, 1999:467-475.
9. Dang Thanh Ha, 2000. Land Use Changes and Environmental Problems in Ea Tul Catchment Area. In Proceedings of the Workshop " Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resource Management - Current Issues in the Philippines and Vietnam" organized by Southeast Asia Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), NLU, and SANREM project in HCMC, Vietnam, 10-14 May 2000.
10. Dang Thanh Ha, 2001. Market Integration, Food Security, and Resource Management in An Upland Village: The Case of Kado Community. In "Achievements and Challenges in Natural Resources Management and Rural Livelihoods in Vietnam's Upland", T.D.Vien edited. National Political Publishing House, Hanoi, 2001.
11. Dang Thanh Ha, 2001. Land use changes and problems of sustainable water resource management in Eal Tul Catchment, Dak Lak province. Journal of science and technology in agriculture and forestry, University of Agriculture and Forestry of HCMC, NR. 1, 2001.
12. Dang Thanh Ha, Pham Hong Duc Phuoc, Nguyen Ngoc Thuy, Le Van Du, Pham Trinh Hung, Victoria O. Espaldon and Annielyn O. Magsino, 2001. Impacts of changes in policy and market conditions on land use, land management and livelihood among farmers in central highlands of Vietnam. In Sustaining Natural Resources Management in Southeast Asia. Garcia A.G., ed. SEAMEO Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), College, Los Banos, Laguna, Philippines.
13. Le Van Du, Dang Thanh Ha, Nguyen Ngoc Thuy, Pham Hong Duc Phuoc, Victoria O. Espaldon, and Annielyn O. Magsino, 2001. Soil erosion and land management decisions in Bao Loc district, Lam Dong province, Central Highlands of Vietnam. In Sustaining Natural Resources Management in Southeast Asia. Garcia A.G., ed. SEAMEO Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), College, Los Banos, Laguna, Philippines. P: 59-69. http://www.searca.org/web/knowledge/publications/books/40.html
14. Nguyen Quang Tan and Dang Thanh Ha, 2001. Socio-Economic study on the traditional rafter beekeeping in the Melaleuca forest of Uminh: Conflict in the community. Journal of science and technology in agriculture and forestry, University of Agriculture and Forestry of HCMC, NR. 2, 2001.
15. Dang Thanh Ha and Ma. Victoria O. Espaldon, 2001. Balancing Economic and Environmental Concerns in the Uplands of Vietnam: A Continuing Challenge. Paper presented at the SANREM CRSP Research Synthesis Conference from November 28-30, 2001 at the University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, USA.
16. Mairi Dupar, Nathan Badenoch, Dang Thanh Ha, Hoang Huu Cai, Le Van An, Nguyen Quang Dung, Pham Thu Huong, Sith Sam Ath, Tran Duc Vien, and Zuo Ting, 2002. Environment, Livelihoods, and Local Institution: Decentralization in Mainland Southeast Asia. World Resource Institute, Washington D.C., USA. 2002.
17. Mairi Dupar, Nathan Badenoch, Hoang Huu Cai, Dang Thanh Ha, Le Van An, Nguyen Quang Dung, Pham Thu Huong, Sith Sam Ath, Tran Duc Vien, and Zuo Ting, 2002. Environment, Livelihoods, and Local Institution: Decentralization in Mainland Southeast Asia. (Policy brief – in Vietnamese). World Resource Institute, 2002.
18. Nguyen Quang Tan and Dang Thanh Ha, 2002. Socio-economic factors in traditional rafter beekeeping with Apis dorsata in Vietnam. Bee World, December 2002, vol. 83, no. 4, pp. 165-170(6). International Bee Research Association, Cardiff, UK.
19. Dang Thanh Ha, and Victoria O. Espaldon, 2003. Sustaining Rural Livelihood and Environment: The Need to Assist Resource Poor Farmers in the Upland Cope with Changes in Market Prices. Research note Nr. 3, SANREM Project, Philippines, 2003.
20. Le Van Du, Dang Thanh Ha, Pham Hong Duc Phuoc, Le Quang Thong, and Victoria O. Espaldon, 2001. Soil erosion: A Cause or a Consequences. Research note Nr. 2, SANREM Project, Philippines, 2003.
21. Espaldon, M. V.O., D.T.Ha and L.Q. Thong. 2003. "Globalization and Transition to High Value Horticultural Crops in Southeast Asia: Impacts and Responses of Local Communities." In: Local Land Use Strategies in a Globalizing World: Shaping Sustainable Social and Natural Environments. (Ole Mertz, Reed Wadley and Andreas Christensen-Eds.) Institute of Geography, University of Copenhagen. Sweden. Pp. 47-66.
23. Dang Thanh Ha, 2003. Priorities for Research and Development in Maize in Vietnam. Journal of science and technology in agriculture and forestry. Nr. 4/2003. Page: 132-141. HCMC, Vietnam.
24. Bui Dung The, Dang Thanh Ha, and Nguyen Quoc Chinch, 2004. Rewarding Upland Farmers for Environmental Services: Experience, Constraints, and Potential in Vietnam. World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF), Bogor, Indonesia.
25. Victoria O. Espaldon, Dang Thanh Ha, Pham Hong Duc Phuoc, Nguyen Ngoc Thuy, Le Van Du, Pham Trinh Hung, Le Quang Thong and Annielyn O. Magsino, 2004. Chalenges on Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resource Management in Vietnam Uplands: A Case Study. Published by South EastAsian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEAMEO SEARCA). 88 P. Philippines.
27. Blake D. Ratner, Dang Thanh Ha, Mam Kosal, Ayut Nissapa, and Somphanh Chanphengxay, 2004. Common Waters on Private Lands: Challenges of Wetlands Governance in the Mekong Region. Paper presented at the Tenth Biennial Conference of the International Association for the Study of Common Property (IASCP), “The Commons in an Age of Global Transition: Challenges, Risks and Opportunities,” Oaxaca, Mexico, 9-13 August 2004. http://www.iascp2004.org.mx/download/pon_postcongreso/paper_366.pdf
28. Dang Thanh Ha and Gerald Shively, 2005. Coffee vs. Cacao: A Case Study from the Vietnamese Central Highlands. Journal of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Education, Volume 34, 2005, P107-111. Madison, USA. http://www.jnrlse.org/pdf/2005/E05-0028.pdf
29. Hoang Huu Cai, Dang Thanh Ha, Ngo An, and Trinh Truong Giang, 2005. The Legal and Institutional Framework and Economic Valuation of Wetlands in the Mekong River Delta of Vietnam: A Wetlands Approach. In Wetlands Governance in the Mekong Region - Country Reports on the Legal-Institutional Framework and Economic Valuation of Aquatic Resources. Edited by Edmund J.V. Oh et al.. WorldFish Center, Penang, Malaysia. http://www.worldfishcentre.com/resource_centre/WetlandsGovernance.pdf
30. Dang Thanh Ha, Gerald Shively, 2007. Coffee Boom, Coffee Bust, and Smallholder Response in Vietnam’s Central Highlands. Review of Development Economics, Blackwell Synergy, USA. Review of Development Economics, 12(2), 312–326, 2008
1. Dang Thanh Ha, 1990. Economic of Bee-keeping System Apis Melifera in South Vietnam.(working paper) 1990.
2. Pham Thanh Binh, Dang Thanh Ha, and Le Cong Tru, and Nguyen Minh Hung, 1990. Cassava Production and Utilization in the Provinces of the Southeast Region of Vietnam. 1990 (co-author).
3. Dang Thanh Ha, 1995. Economic Efficiency of Corn farmers in Dongnai Province. (working paper, Dept of AECO, UPLB, Philippines, 1995).
4. Dang Thanh Ha, 1997. Technical and Allocative Efficiency of Rice Farmers in Alternative Pest Management Practices in the Mekong Delta of Vietnam. (Working paper).
5. Dang Thanh Ha, 1998. The Survey Method for Social Sciences (Working Paper-Vietnamese). Paper Presented at the Training Workshop on Strengthening Research Capability for Project Leaders of the Vietnam-Netherlands Research Program held in Hanoi from April 11-14, 1998.
6. Dang Thanh Ha, 2000. Agro-Socio-Economic Survey in Ea Tul Catchment in Daklak. Final Report for the project "Support for Water Resource Management in Daklak" Danida-Daklak, May 2000.
7. Dang Thanh Ha, 2000. Land use change, resource degradation and the role of collective action for sustainable water resource management Paper presented at the workshop on water resource management at Tay Nguyen University. December, 2000.
8. Trinh Truong Giang, Hoang Huu Cai, Vo Van Thoan, Dang Thanh Ha, Le Quang Thong, Nguyen Duc Binh, and Tran Van My, 2001. Coping with complexity: Managing Water Resource in a Dynamic Upland Environment in Dak Lak. Final report of a collaborative WRI/REPSI-UAF research project, March 2001.
9. Dang Thanh Ha, Pham Hong Duc Phuoc, Nguyen Ngoc Thuy, Le Van Du, Victoria O. Espaldon and Annielyn O. Magsino, 2001. Participatory Landscape Lifescape Assessment in an upland commune of Bao Loc, Lam Dong Province. Final report of a collaborative SANREM/SEARCA-UAF research project, May 2001.
10. Dang Thanh Ha, Nguyen Van Tu, Le Ba Toan, and Tran Van My, 2003. Economic Evaluation of Wetland Resources. Final Report submitted to World Fish Center.
11. Hoang Huu Cai and Dang Thanh Ha, 2000. Coffee production in Dak Lak: A Farming System Analysis. Working paper, dept. of social forestry, UAF and at the workshop "Achievements and Challenges in Natural Resources Management and Rural Livelihoods Improvement" organized by Hanoi Agricultural University, Information Center of Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, National Association of Vietnamese Gardeners, and World Resources Institute. Tam Dao September 15-16, 2000.
12. Hoang Huu Cai, Trinh Truong Giang, Vo Van Thoan, Dang Thanh Ha, Le Quang Thong, 2002. Towards a Multi-Stakeholder and Integrated Approach in Watershed Management: The Case of the Ea Tul Catchment in Daklak Province, Vietnam. Paper presented at the workshop on "Development of Slope land Agriculture in Mainland Southeast Asia" organized by CSEAS, Kyoto University, International Center for Research in Agro-forestry, JSPS Bangkok Liaison Office, and The World Resources Institute from 14-17 March, 2002 in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
13. Dang Thanh Ha and Nguyen Chi Thanh, 2006. Economic Valuation of Wetland in The Mekong Delta Of Vietnam. Working paper, MRC, Vientiane, Lao.
15. Le Thanh Loan, Duong Thi Kim Lan, and Dang Thanh Ha, 2007. Market value chain research: a case study in Nghia Trung commune, Bu Dang district, Binh Phuoc province, Vietnam. SANREM CRSP working paper.
16. Dang Thanh Ha, 2008. Willingness to pay of water users in Ho Chi Minh City for watershed protection services in the Dong Nai watershed. Paper presented during the PES workshop organized by MARD, MONRE, and Winrock ARBDCP project, Sept 7, 2007 in HCMC, Vietnam.
17. Dang Thanh Ha, 2008. Linking Watershed Protection and Water Consumption: WTP by Domestic Water Users in Ho Chi Minh City. Policy brief prepared for the the ARBCP’s 2nd Regional Roundtable Meeting on Sustainable Financing to be held on 24-25 January 2008 in Vientiane, Lao PDR.
12. Languages: German, English (fluency in reading, speaking and writing).
Updated: March 2008
Số lần xem trang : :167
Nhập ngày : 01-04-2008
Điều chỉnh lần cuối :01-04-2008
TS. Đặng Minh Phương(04-03-2009)
Ths. Lê Thành Hưng(12-04-2008)
Ts. Thái Anh Hòa(31-10-2007)
TS. Nguyễn Văn Ngãi(25-10-2007)